Friday, July 29, 2011

Nobody can do for little children what grandparents do. Grandparents sort of sprinkle stardust over the lives of little children.

When I was growing up I didn't have the same "grandparent experience" as most of the kids I knew. My mom's parents both past before I was even two years old and I just didn't spend much time with my dad's parents. They were a part of my life but just not like my friends and their grandparents. My best friend, Jess was always so sweet to share hers with me though. We spent the night at Ma maw's house all the time. Even when they moved away to Alabama I can remember Ms. Karen loading us up and taking us for the weekend. I always wished that I had that kind of relationship with my grandparents and ALWAYS wished I could have know my mom's parents.

When Brooklynn was born I made it my mission to make sure she had a special relationship with her grandparents, on both sides. She's spends lots of time with my mom and her husband, my dad and his wife, and lots of time with Adam's mom. She loves them all so much and I'm so happy for the relationship she has with them.

Today my Mom who is Grandma to Brooklynn took her to meet Adam's mom who is Mimi. She will be there all weekend because I have to work Saturday and Sunday. I am a single parent but I can never say that I raise B on my own. Family has played a crucial part in the magical little person she has become. My heart smiles when I see how happy Brooklynn makes her grandparents. It's funny because she can get them to do pretty much anything.  I'm very very thankful that I have their support and that Brooklynn has them each in her life. Here are a few of my favorite pics of B with her grandparents.

hanging out w/ Grandma

she loves her Pawpaw

.
if Mimi lived in Laurel, Brooklynn would never come home

B, Poppa, & Grandma

Grandmaw Linda, Pawpaw, and  "the girls"

One of my favorites

Mimi and Boogie on her first Christmas morning

Porch sitting with Grandma

driving Poppa's boat at the lake

sweet baby

B was just a few weeks old here

Fishing with Pawpaw at Grann's house

she caught a fish

Mimi spoils her rotten

sweeeet

I love all of you so much and just wanna thank you all for the part you play in Brooklynn's life!!

No comments:

Post a Comment