Tuesday, July 12, 2011

" I don't wanna go anywhere today"

Happy Tuesday folks. I got a late start this morning. The alarm went off at 5:45 and I hit the snooze. It went off again at 5:55 and again I hit the snooze, AND I hit the snooze again at 6:05 which ultimately led to thirty minutes of over sleeping. I slept so good last night and just couldn't make myself get out of bed.

My morning routine, is just that, very routine.  I'm up, in the shower, hair done, and getting dressed by 6:30. Brooklynn usually gets up around then and comes into my room and lays in my bed while I finish my make up and put on my jewelery. This morning  at 6:45, she was still sound asleep.  I went into her room, cut off her air conditioner, turned on her lamp and she rolled over and looked at me with those beautiful brown eyes and said "I don't wanna go anywhere today". I wondered if she had read my mind because I felt the exact same way. I picked her up and she wrapped those skinny little arms around my neck and I was so tempted to put my pajamas back on and us both crawl back into bed.

As a single mom I never have the luxury of just crawling back into bed and skipping a work day. How do you explain to a three year old that the bills keep coming and Momma has to pay them. I'm never bitter or envy anyone who does have that luxury. I was unemployed for 10 months when Brooklynn was a baby and decided then I was not a "stay at home mom".  However, that does not mean that some days I do wish I were in a situation where I could crawl back into bed with Brooklynn.

I have read on fb and talked to friends this morning who seem to have the " Tuesday blues" also. I seen where a lot of people have posted that they wanted to start the day over or just get back in bed. Brooklynn and I felt the same way. So to all of you who woke up, looked in the mirror, and said "I don't wanna go anywhere today", you folks were not alone.

I couldn't resist snapping a pic of Sleeping Beauty.

1 comment: