Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Bieber Fever!!


Here it is folks, THE Justin Bieber back pack and lunch box that my child has raved for! Isn't it beautiful? About a month back Brooklynn was reading through the sales papers like she always does (as if she were sixteen) and she stumbled upon this duo in the Toys-R-Us one. She brought it strait to my attention and told me " I want this Justin Bieber backpack and lunch box for school in August". We have been talking about school in August ever since I decided that She would go. Since then every time we go in Wal-Mart I have showed her the school supplies and all the backpacks and told her that's what we would be buying soon. Every SINGLE time I have done so she has mentioned this back pack and lunch box and insisted that she have it for school.  I even showed her Mickey Mouse, Dora, and Hello Kitty and she just was not interested! She made it clear she would not be going to school with out this backpack and lunch box.

Since then I have been on a hunt. Who knew this would be so hard to track down. This past weekend She went to Meridian to visit her Mimi and when I went to pick her up I went by Toys-R-Us and they didn't have any. She told me to just try back every day and it was the same thing with the Hatttiesburg store. Monday at work I called the Hattiesburg store and the lady told me they had one left. I told her I would make arrangements to have it picked up to please hold it for me. My friend and co-worker Renne' was going to Hattiesburg that night and she picked it up fro me. THANKS RENNE'!!  Finally I scored!! I could not wait to get my hands on it and to show Brooklynn Rose!!

Yesterday at work Renne' brought me the backpack and I didn't think I would have that much satisfaction when I seen it. It was purple and and had glitter on it and JUSTIN BIEBER on it!! It was perfect and I just knew Brooklynn was gonna be even  more excited than I was. I met my mom for lunch and I know she wanted to have lunch with me but I think even more she wanted to see the backpack as well. Now we had a happy Grandma a happy Momma we just need a happy Brooklynn.

When I got off work I went and voted and then went strait to mom's house. I walked in with this huge Toys-R-Us bag and B knew something was up. We made her close her eyes and she was so giddy and could not wait to see what she was getting. As soon as I took it out of the bag her beautiful brown eyes lit up and she was grinning from ear to ear. At that instant and after seeing her little expression I knew I would have walked a million miles, swam  a thousand oceans, and climbed a hundred mountains to have found that backpack and lunch box. She was so excited as she yelled out "Justin Bieber".  Here are a few pics of her and prized possession.

Bieber Fever for sure!

This picture is bitter sweet. It does not seem like my baby should be packing a back pack.

This says it all, she was so happy!

She even had to kiss him.


Now that all the excitement of the Justin Bieber back pack has happened let's talk about my feelings on Miss Priss going to school. I'm so very excited and anxious at the same time. Brooklynn has gone to her current daycare since she was 6 weeks old. To me this transition seems so big even though it's normal. Tiny assures me that Brooklynn is ready but I'm not sure if  I am ready. She loves Tiny and it's such a comfort every morning when she goes bee-bopping in there like she owns the place. She has never once cried going there because to her it's all she knows. I know she will be uneasy about being in an unfamiliar place but I also know she adapts wells and never meets a stranger. I have visions of her playing with her new friends and enjoying school. I know this is a big switch but I have faith that she will adjust well and quickly. I'm gonna try really really hard not to cry when I leave her Monday but I have a feeling that will be an epic failure on my part. To all you Mommas sending your babies to school for the first time just know that I will be crying right along with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment