Thursday, July 14, 2011

You are my I LOVE YOU

My whole life my mother called me "Gypsy Rose". I was always sitting on go and I have discovered that Brooklynn is the exact same way. Almost every day when I pick her up from Tinys, she ask me "where are we going now" and almost every night when I put her to bed she ask me "where are we going when we wake up". When She comes home from her MiMi's, as soon as we get home she is asking "when are we going back to MiMi's". She is always on GO!

Brooklynn, my mom, and my Uncle Freddie left yesterday to go to Robert and Jamie Lee's to help them move into their home. I will be heading over there tomorrow and I am so anxious to get there. None the less, Brooklynn just got home Sunday from being gone the whole weekend and was home for three nights and gone again. I always miss Brooklynn when she is gone but this morning I missed her more than usual. She is at the age where everything that she says is funny and brings a smile to my face. She is a loving child and she is a "momma's girl" and this momma is missing her girl!

This morning when I got up I didnt have to be quiet infact I turned up Pandora as loud as it would go. My mind kept wondering back to Brooklynn and thinking about how much fun she is having with baby Olyvia but I still wanted her home.. or wished I could see her pretty smile and hear her joyful giggle.

So many people seem to be depressed and unhappy these days. I wonder with out Brooklynn in my life how I would view things and how I would feel about life. We are all delt cards that we are sometimes unprepared to play and it can take it's toll on us. Brooklynn is my soul's motivation. She is the reason I contiunue to push on through this sometimes so mondane life. It's easy to get lost in the hustle and bustle and loose our purpose and loose our vision. I believe happiness is a choice and so many choose to be miserable. Bad things happen to everyone  but we as humans have to learn to perservere and live through the trials that make us better people. I believe Brooklynn has made me a much better person and a much happier person.

This morning I was reading my sister-in-laws blog and went back and read some older post. I found a poem that she posted last year and as I was missing Brooklynn Rose I felt like these words summed up exactly how I was feeling. I miss my family and I miss my sweet B and can't wait to see them all tomorrow!


I am your parent you are my child
I am your quiet place, you are my wild
I am your calm face, you are my giggle
I am your wait, you are my wiggle
I am your audience, you are my clown
I am your London Bridge, you are my falling down
I am your carrot sticks, you are my licorice
I am your dandelion, you are my first wish
I am your water wings, you are my deep
I am your open arms, you are my running leap
I am your way home, you are my new path
I am your dry towel, you are my wet bath
I am your dinner, you are my chocolate cake
I am your bedtime, you are my wide awake
I am your finish line, you are my race
I am your praying hands, you are my saving grace
I am your favorite book, you are my new lines
I am your nightlight, you are my sunshine
I am your lullaby, you are my peek-a-boo
I am your kiss goodnight, you are my I love you.
written by Maryann K Cusimano

No comments:

Post a Comment