Monday, October 17, 2011

Pumpkin Party

This weekend was great and went by to fast as usual. Friday I used my lunch break to go to wal-mart and purchase two pumpkins and a carving kit. Nikki, Chris, and I had planned on carving pumpkins with Brooklynn and it was a success. I really enjoyed the evening of fun and fellowship and the nice fall weather.
We had a great time and here are few pics of our pumpkins.

She was anxious to start

cleaning out the pumpkin

dotting out the pattern

cute pic

Nik cleaning out her pumpkin


Mr. Thames

Brooklynn by her finished kitty cat pumpkin

of course she called it "Humpty Dumpty"

sweet girls

Chris's pumpkins was the headless horseman

Nik's was an owl

mine was a happy pumpkin



Saturday morning I woke up with all intentions of going into work but that didn't happen. My dad was coming over to work on the house and in the yard so I decided to stay home and help him. I got all the house work done pretty quickly and then went outside to work in the yard. I love days like this and getting things accomplished. I'm so thankful for my daddy. He works so hard and he always seems to fit me into his schedule with out being asked. After we got done working around the house he took Brooklynn and I out to eat for supper. It was such a good day and we always enjoy our time with him. After supper he went home and Brooklynn and I got cleaned up and in our pajamas by six that evening. Brooklynn was in bed by eight and I was in bed by ten. We woke up Sunday morning and laid around the house for a few hours. We met Mom for lunch and then we all went to the park. Brooklynn was tickled pink that Grandma was coming to play at the the park with us. Mom and I sat on the swing and visited while Brooklynn played her little heart out.





Sunday was another great day. This past week I have been reminded how blessed I am to have great and active parents and step-parents. I enjoyed this low key weekend and spending time with family and friends. Hope you all have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment