Monday, October 10, 2011

Celebrate Good Times, Come On!!

This weekend Brooklynn Rose went to her Mimi's house in Meridian and that meant this momma had the weekend off.

Here she is all packed up and ready to go

sweet loving before she left

Goodness gracious, I love those sweet sugars!


My mom and Mr. Sid were heading to Meridian so they took Brooklynn for me and met up with her Mimi to drop her off for her weekend of fun. After she left I went home and started on the house work. I enjoyed every minute of being by myself and getting my house in order. Not sure why that has become so gratifying for me but it has. It usually does not last long either but it feels great when it is done.  Billy came by and Mark and Bridget walked over not long after that and we enjoyed the fall weather and some good fellowship out on the front porch.

Saturday morning I got up and did an over haul on Brooklynn's room. I cleaned out drawers and got rid of tons of old toys. It's always bitter sweet to do that because I see all the things she has outgrown that she used to look so cute wearing. I loaded it all up and made a trip to the Salvation Army. Why did I feel so bad about dropping off a bunch of naked baby dolls and old toys? I knew Brooklynn would never even notice the things that I got rid of but I still felt bad. When I got to Salvation Army they took all of the clothes but told me they no longer take toys. So FYI, if ya plan on getting rid of toys do not take them there. They are now stuffed in my trunk until I can find someone who will take them.

I got home and was super excited for Saturday night. Mark and Bridget were gonna have a bon fire for my birthday and lots of my friends were coming. The house was so quite all afternoon and I was extremely bored. When I started getting ready I turned Pandora to the Beyonce station. I stayed in the shower as long as I wanted to... uninterrupted! Got out, got dressed, and got pretty.  My friends started dribbling in and the festivities began. I had a great night even though I was in bed much earlier than I had planned on. Every birthday that passes I realize that I am getting older and I can't "celebrate" like I used to.  None the less, I had a great time with great people. Twenty Seven feels pretty darn good!!


love my Tricky Nikki

sweet girls

<3

Bridget and I, nothing like family!

Of course, my best friend was there

Mark and I, best cuzz ever.

I call him Garcia  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment