Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Child Of The Week

This week at school Brooklynn Rose is child of the week. This simply means that she gets to be the leader, bring a toy to school every day, and make a special treat for her friends. Every child in the class gets to be child of the week and they go in alphabetical order.  I think it's a good thing and makes each child feel special. Brooklynn has been really proud to be child of the week. Since our last name is White she is the last child to have not had a turn to be child of the week yet. So finally it was her turn.

Today was special treat day and what a great time of the year to make a "special treat". I did lots of looking on the internet for fall and halloween ideas. I came across rice krispie treats in the shape of pumpkins and they were super cute and easy.  After work I picked up everything I needed and headed to Mom's house to make them. Brooklynn was so excited and jumped right in to help. We messed up the recipie and had to fix it in the end so the food coloring was not quite strong enough. They were supposed to be bright orange and they were until we had to manipulate the recipie a little bit. I know what you're thinking. How do you mess up rice krispie treats.. well by adding double the butter you actually needed. Whoops! We ended up just adding more rice krispies and they turned out fine all except the color. They were still yummy and Brooklynn was still really proud of them. I loved being in the kitchen with my mom and Brooklynn. Brooklynn was singing obnoxiously like she does ALL the time as she giggled and helped like the big girl she is. My mom was grinning ear to ear and I was soaking in every second. When my mom was my age, her mom had already passed. I can't imagine not  having my mom with me right now. I look forward to the years of Brooklynn, my mom, and myself being in the kitchen. We made sweet treats and sweet memories.

sweet girl with her hair a hott mess

love this picture

big girl

you get the picture

yummy

she was so proud

twins

thumbs up

love love love


No comments:

Post a Comment