Saturday, October 13, 2012

I am a cheater and I must confess!!

It's the end of week seven on my "health journey" and it was a HORRIBLE week in my health world. This is the first week that I didn't lose a pound and there are very good reasons for that. Let's start off  with the fact that I did not prep one single meal except for the crock pot chicken taco soup last week and I only ate that twice after I made it. The rest of the week I did not even make breakfast and at lunch I "winged" it. We order out at school a few times and some of the sides were not so good. Here is a list of things that I had that I think deserve a confession.
  1. A piece of cookie cake (my mom had one made for me and Jamie Lee)
  2. Two hush puppies and they were so good
  3. Sonic which was a grilled chicken sandwich plain (not horrible) with a small fry (horrible)
  4. several carbonated drinks
Now I know this does not sound like a big deal but to me it is. I have been out of sink not being prepared and I now know just how important that is. I know that eating breakfast is what gets my metabolism going and I skipped out every single day this week on breakfast. Cool Jenn! I was feeling discouraged by all this at the end of the week so I did some before and after pictures to put things in perspective and to help me remember how far I have come.

week one, week four, week seven

week one, week seven



week one, week seven


week one, week seven

These are a spin off from the pumpkin chocolate cupcakes I did a few weeks
ago. This time I did white cake mix and  can of blueberry pie filling.
Mix together and cook for 40 mins on 350 degrees.
These are about 200 calories and 2 grams of fat!
So good.


My next goal is to complete Couch to 5K
Gonna start Monday training and will hopefully be able to run a 5K by the new year. These little beauties are gonna help!



I will get back on track this week and not "cheat" myself any longer. I know it is not the end of the world when I make a bad choice concerning food but I also know it becomes less difficult after each time that you do make a bad choice. I have tried so hard to stick to my plan that I don't want to take any steps back!

In other news life has been good. Robert and Jamie Lee came in to town Tuesday and we have done the usual family things that we do when they come home.

sweet girls

They are both getting way too big!

Sugar for my Lyvi' Love


Besides my off week with my eating I also had a off week dealing with things that shouldn't bother me. When you are faced with something that you feel like was done intentional how do you deal with it? I try to evaluate the situation and ask myself questions before I jump to any conclusions. Then I ask myself if I am the problem and what am I doing to make the problem any better or worse.  I am so big on self peace and self awareness. When something ticks me off, hurts, or just plain annoys me I usually asses the situation and try to find a way to be the better person or make a better attitude choice. This week I struggled with that.  Yesterday I came home sick from work and felt like death until this morning. Even today I have felt weak and groggy all day. Between my bad week of eating, bad week of attitudes and annoying things, and throwing up sick for over 12 hours... I was really having myself  a pity party. Who likes pity parties... no on but the one who is hosting it! I tried to shake it off and half way enjoy my Saturday. Brooklynn and I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things and to find some stuff to complete her homework for the weekend which was a pumpkin project. We had a lot of fun making it. We turned on the radio and went creative crazy! Instantly my mood was better!!


so sweet

so beautiful

She loves her tire swing

earlier this week on her tire swing

Last week at Loblolly Fest

He super cute trick or treat bucket

New school picture

She is the love of my life

Totally sassing out the out fit Jay Jay and Aunt Casey sent her!



Tomorrow is a new day and a new week! Things will be better this week. Wednesday afternoon Brooklynn's daddy will fly home and he is going with her on her field trip with school to the pumpkin patch on Thursday and she is so very excited. After that they will head to her Mimi's in meridian until Monday, needless to say it's gonna be a few days for me! I hope you all have a great week !!

No comments:

Post a Comment